IS THE WORKSHOP RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you don't need couple's therapy, but would benefit from a marriage tune-up, The 7 Principles Workshop is the perfect way to boost your marriage. This workshop is an 8-12 hour experience, allowing couples to learn and practice the exact tools needed for having a stronger home with a happier marriage.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN OUR RELATIONSHIP WORKSHOPS:
The Seven Principles Program will give you new insights and research-based relationship skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you resolve conflict in a healthy, productive way. This class combines teaching and demonstrations with one-on-one work sessions where you and your partner focus on your relationship with each other. Confidentiality is strictly maintained. Although we encourage questions and comments, you do not need to speak in the workshop if you do not want.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Foster respect, affection and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other's inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
MARRIAGE WORKSHOP DETAILS:
This program is based upon the New York Times best seller The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by Dr. John Gottman, Ph.D. Straightforward in its approach yet profound in its effect, the principles outlined in Dr. Gottman's groundbreaking book teach partners new and startling strategies for making their relationships work.
Why the Gottman Workshop?
For over 30 years Dr. Gottman scientifically analyzed the habits of married couples and established a method of correcting the behaviors that put thousands of marriages on the rocks. He helps couples focus on each other and the small day-to-day moments that, strung together, make up the heart and soul of any relationship. This class is designed to strengthen your marriage or committed relationship. If you already have a strong relationship, this class will provide you with insights and tools to make it even better. If your relationship is distressed, this class will provide a road map for repair.
Research shows that on average, couples wait six years from the first sign of problems before they seek help. That's like waiting six years with cancer before seeking medical care. Please don't wait until your relationship is falling apart to get help. Be proactive and learn what decades of research teach us about healthy relationships.
Dr. Ari Sytner, is an authorized Seven Principles Program Educator who will lead the workshop and teach you what successful couples specifically do to create long-lasting loving relationships, as well as the benefits of a stable, committed relationship.
IS THIS COUPLES WORKSHOP FOR US?*
The Gottman Seven Principles Program is designed for all couples in a committed relationship, including:
- Married couples
- Pre-engaged couples (those considering marriage)
- Engaged or Premarital couples (those taking steps towards marriage)
- Every phase of relationships, from newlyweds to senior couples
- Those who wish to enhance an already “good” marriage or relationship
- Those needing better conflict management tools
- Those considering couples therapy but who are not "ready" for weekly therapy yet
*If you are dealing with emotional abuse, domestic violence, unwanted touch, or substance abuse, this class is not appropriate, and you should instead seek individual or couples therapy.
THE PRICE FOR THE COUPLES WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
- The Seven Principles of Making Marriage Work Book
- The Seven Principles Companion Workbook allows you to privately record answers and journal thoughtfully about the concepts in the book, as they apply to your relationship. It takes users step-by-step through the interactive exercises in each chapter of
- The Seven Principles Book
- "Love Map/Open Ended Questions" card deck. This deck is fun and effective way for couples to get to know one another's inner lives, thus increasing closeness and friendship.
- Engaging presentation and the opportunity for many exercises and conversations with your partner (if you go together).
- Dr. Ari Sytner will be available to give you personal support and guidance as needed.
- Refreshments and snacks will be provided.
Do I have to talk or share in this class?
Absolutely not! Although Dr. Sytner will ask questions of the audience, and will encourage active participation, this is entirely up to you! If you just want to sit back, learn, and participate in the private exercises with your partner, you are welcome to do so.
If you would like to be notified about the next workshop, or are interested in bringing the workshop to your community, please enter your email below.