Dr. Sytner’s private practice focuses on relationships, dating, marriage and divorce. His passion is for helping couples through the darker chapters of marriage, where he teaches them how to press a “reset button” allowing couples to learn how to better understand and support each other.
Using the proven Gottman Method, the marital interventions he uses are all researched based and time-tested. As a proud kidney donor and author of, The Kidney Donor’s Journey, Dr. Sytner brings kindness, compassion and optimism into all that he does. The foundation to all his work is finding and using optimism and hope. Read more about Dr. Sytner’s story and approach on the Gottman Institute’s website.
Dr. Sytner serves as a professor of social work and Director of Leadership and Community Development at Yeshiva University. He frequently travels to communities around North America to lecture, educate and inspire. Please feel free to contact Dr. Sytner.
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- PhD in Social Work
- Masters Degree in Education
- Rabbinic Ordination, Doctor of Divinity
- Gottman Level 1 Certified
- Gottman Level 2 Certified
- Gottman Level 3 Certified
- Gottman Certification in Treating Affairs and Traumas
- Certified Facilitator for the Gottman Workshop: 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work
- Certified Facilitator for the Gottman Workshop for Singles – 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work
- Trained in Trauma and Crisis Intervention